With winter in full swing and threats like the coronavirus looming large people are looking for ways to support immunity, and speed recovery from a variety of upper respiratory ailments and immune challenges. Liposomal vitamin C is a breakthrough in vitamin C delivery that can help you to receive the full benefits of this key immune booster without the gastrointestinal upset associated with most forms of the vitamin.
Naka Platinum Liposomal C is my top choice for vitamin C supplementation and here is why:
- Liposomal Vitamin C is highly bioavailable which means your cells absorb it extremely efficiently
- Numerous clinical studies have demonstrated the benefits of high dosages of vitamin C for immune system function and reaching these higher therapeutic values is easier when you aren’t worried about rushing to the bathroom.
- Vitamin C is a key antioxidant in its own right but it also helps to recycle the body’s other key antioxidants such as Vitamin E, and Glutathione leading to increased cellular renewal and detoxification of harmful toxins
- Vitamin C supports liver health and your liver is your major detox organ. Therefore, the more vitamin C you have on hand the better able your body is to rid you of harmful toxins (whether those toxins be the product of an infection, from your environment, or the product of cellular metabolism).
- Low vitamin C is associated with an increased susceptibility to viral infections. Preventatively 1000mg or more daily is recommended and in acute situations 6,000mg is suggested depending on the severity.
Vitamin C has a long history of being used to fight viral infections and currently 2 clinical trials are underway in China. At Zhongnan Hospital in Wuhan, China, 12,000-24,000mg of vitamin C will be administered to coronavirus patients, intravenously, each day for 7 days as part of a clinical trial exploring vitamin C treatment of COVID-19 coronavirus. The second study will work with a lesser dose. In this second study: “They plan to give 6,000 mg/day and 12,000 mg/day per day for moderate and severe cases…[and] would like to see oral vitamin C included in these studies, as the oral forms can be applied to more patients and at home.”
As indicated above, intravenous Vitamin C is not as accessible since you cannot receive such treatment from the comfort of your own home. It can also be expensive. This is why Liposomal C is a great second choice or adjunct between intravenous treatments at your ND or Integrative MD’s clinic.
With so many challenges to our immune systems and global viral threats, it is important to know we can protect ourselves, prevent getting sick in the first place and speed up recovery should we find ourselves battling an illness.
Because Naka is dedicated to keeping the small, independent boutique retailer thriving, you can find Naka Platinum Liposomal C 1000mg at independent boutique health food stores across Canada. By shopping at local, independent boutique health food stores, you will find unique products like Naka Platinum Liposomal C that simply cannot be purchased in mass market stores such as Costco, Walmart, Loblaws, or Superstore.
More info: www.nakapro.com, or call 1-800-668-0519.
- OMNS Chinese edition editor Dr. Richard Cheng is reporting from China about the first approved study of 12,000 to 24,000 mg/day of vitamin C by IV. The doctor also specifically calls for immediate use of vitamin C for prevention of coronavirus (COVID-19). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TC0SO9KDG7U
By: Amanda Burke, CNP – Certified Holistic Nutritionist